Subjunctive Mood. Conditionals. №3
Дололните предложения нужной формой глагола:
1. Tom: I woke up to find the room full of smoke; but I knew exactly what to do.
Ann: If I (wake) up to find the room full of smoke I (have) no idea what to do.
2. Ann: I couldn't live without Tom. If he (go) off with another girl I (die). But I have complete confidence in Tom.
3. Husband: But I'm not going on a diet. Why should I go on a diet?
Wife: If you (go) on a diet you (lose) weight.
4. If someone (say), 'I’ll give you £500 to go into court and swear that this statement is true,' what you (do)?
5. If we (work) all night we (finish) in time; but we have no intention of working all night.
6. You must never blow out a gaslight. Do you know what (happen) if you (blow) out a gaslight?
7. A: If I (see) a tiger walking across Hyde Park I (climb) a tree.
B: That (not be) any use. The tiger (climb) after you.
8. If I (come) across two men fighting with knives I (call) the police.
9. Ann: All your clothes are years out of date. Why don't you throw them away?
Mary: Don't be ridiculous! If I (throw) my clothes away I (have) to ask my husband for £1,000 to buy new ones.
Ann:If you (ask) him for £1,000 what he (say)?
Mary: He (be) too horrified to speak at first. But when he'd recovered from the shock, he probably (start) talking about a divorce.
10. If someone (ring) my doorbell at 3 a.m. I (be) very unwilling to open the door.
11. If I (see) a python in Piccadilly I (assume) it had escaped from a circus.
12.Tom: The plane was on fire so we baled out.
Ann: I don't think I (have) the nerve to do that even if the plane (be) on fire.
13. We train the children to file out of the classroom quietly, because if a whole class (rush) at the door someone (get) hurt.
14. A:Why don't you buy a season ticket?
B:Because I lose everything. If I (buy) a season ticket I (lose) it.
15. Jack: They get £150 a week.
Tom: They can't get £150 a week. If they (do) they (not be) striking for £120.
Посмотреть ответы к упражнению