avatar

The Kremlin. Кремль

нравится 27 не нравится
The Kremlin. Кремль

The Kremlin

The Kremlin is the symbol of first Russian and later Soviet power and authority. Its crenellated red brick walls and 20 towers were built at the end of the 15th century, when a host of Italian builders arrived in Moscow at the invitation of Ivan III the Great. Of the most important towers, the Saviour (Spasskaya) Tower leading to Red Square was built in 1491 by Pietro Solario, who designed most of the main towers; its belfry was added in 1624-25. The chimes of its clock are broadcast by radio as a time signal to the whole nation. Also on the Red Square front is the St. Nicholas (Nikolskaya) Tower, built originally in 1491 and rebuilt in 1806. The two other principal gate towers - the Trinity (Troitskaya) Tower, with a bridge and outer barbican (the Kutafya Tower), and the Borovitskaya Tower - lie on the western wall.

Within the Kremlin walls is one of the most striking and beautiful architectural ensembles in the world: a combination of churches and palaces, which are open to the public and are among the city's most popular tourist attractions, and the highest offices of the state, which are surrounded by strict security. Around the central Cathedral Square (Sobornaya Ploshchad) are grouped three magnificent cathedrals, superb examples of Russian church architecture at its height in the late 15th and early 16th centuries. These and the other churches in the Kremlin ceased functioning as places of worship after the Revolution and are now museums. The white stone Cathedral of the Assumption (Uspensky Sobor) is the oldest, built in 1475-79 in the Italianate-Byzantine style. Its pure, simple, and beautifully proportioned lines and elegant arches are crowned by five golden domes. The Orthodox metropolitans and patriarchs of the 14th to the 18th century are buried there. Across the square is the Cathedral of the Annunciation (Blagoveshchensky Sobor), built in 1484-89 by craftsmen from Pskov; though burned in 1547, it was rebuilt in 1562-64. Its cluster of chapels is topped by golden roofs and domes. Inside are a number of early 15th-century icons attributed to Theophanes the Greek and to Andrey Rublyov, considered by many to be the greatest of all Russian icon painters. The third cathedral, the Archangel (Arkhangelsky), was rebuilt in 1505-08; in it are buried the princes of Moscow and tsars of Russia (except Boris Godunov) up to the founding of St. Petersburg.

Just off the square stands the splendid, soaring white bell tower of Ivan the Great; built in the 16th century and damaged in 1812, it was restored a few years later. At its foot is the enormous Tsar Bell (Tsar-Kolokol), cast in 1733-35 but never rung. Nearby is the Tsar Cannon (Tsar-Pushka), cast in 1586. Beside the gun are located the mid-17th-century Cathedral of the Twelve Apostles (Sobor Dvenadtsati Apostolov) and the adjoining Patriarchal Palace.

On the west of Cathedral Square is a group of palaces of various periods; the Palace of Facets (Granovitaya Palata)--so called from the exterior finish of faceted, white stone squares--was built in 1487-91. Behind it is the Terem Palace of 1635-36, which incorporates several older churches, including the Resurrection of Lazarus (Voskreseniye Lazarya), dating from 1393. Both became part of the Kremlin Great Palace, built as a royal residence in 1838-49 and formerly used for sessions of the Supreme Soviet of the U.S.S.R.; its long, yellow-washed facade dominates the riverfront. It is connected to the Armoury Palace (Oruzheynaya Palata), built in 1844-51 and now the Armoury Museum, housing a large collection of treasures of the tsars. Along the northeast wall of the Kremlin are the Arsenal (1702-36), the former Senate building (1776-88), and the School for Red Commanders (1932-34).

Кремль

Кремль - символ  русской и советской власти. Его зубчатые красные кирпичные стены и 20 башен были построены в конце 15-ого столетия, когда  итальянские строители прибыли в Москву по приглашению Ивана III Великого. Из самых важных башен, Спасская (Spasskaya) Башня, ведущая к Красной площади была построена в 1491 Пьетро Соларио, который спроектировал большинство главных башен; её колокольня была добавлена в 1624-25. Перезвоны курантов передаются по радио как сигнал времени для целой нации. Также на Красной площади находится Никольская (Nikolskaya) Башня, построенная первоначально в 1491 и восстановленная в 1806. Две другие основные башни  - Троитская (Troitskaya) Башня, с мостом и внешним барбаканом, и Боровитская Башня  - находятся на западной стене.

В пределах Кремлевских стен - один из самых поразительных и красивых архитектурных ансамблей в мире: комбинация церквей и дворцов, которые являются открытыми для публики и одними из самых популярных достопримечательностей города, и наивысших органов власти государства, которые окружены строгой секретностью. Вокруг центральной Соборной площади  сгруппированы три великолепных собора,- превосходные примеры российской церковной архитектуры в ее расцвете в конце 15-го и начале 16-го века. Они и другие церкви в Кремле прекратили функционировать как храмы после Революции и  теперь музеи. Белый каменный Успенский Собор  является самым старым, построенным в 1475-79 в итало-византийском стиле. Его чистые, простые, и красиво распределяемые линии и изящные арки коронуются пятью золотыми куполами. Православные метрополиты и патриархи 14-ого -18-ого веков похоронены там. Поперек площади - Благовещенский Собор, построенный в 1484-89 мастерами из Пскова; хотя он был сожжен в 1547, его было восстановлено в 1562-64. Его группа часовен возвышается золотыми крышами и куполами. Внутри находится множество икон, датируемых 15-м столетием, приписанных Теофану Греку и Андрею Рублёву, которого  многие считают самым великим из всех русских иконописцев. Третий собор, Архангельский , был восстановлен в 1505-08; в нем хоронились князья Москвы и цари России (кроме Бориса Годунова) до основания Санкт-Петербурга.

Недалеко от площади роскошная, взлетевшая белая колокольня Ивана Великого; построенная в 16-ом столетии,  поврежденная в 1812, и восстановленная несколько лет спустя. У подножья - огромный Царь- Колокол, вылитый в 1733-35, но никогда не звонивший. Поблизости -  Царь-Пушка, вылитая в 1586. Около оружия расположены Собор  Двенадцати Апостолов, относящийся к середине 17-го века и смежный Патриархальный Дворец.

На западе Соборной площади - группа дворцов различных периодов; Грановитая Палата - так называемый от интерьера из граненых, белых каменных пластин - был построен в 1487-91. Позади него - Дворец Терем, 1635-36, который включает несколько старых церквей, включая Воскресение Лазаря , датируемая 1393. Оба стали частью Кремлевского Большого Дворца, построенного как  место жительства царей в 1838-49 и прежде используваемого для сессий Верховного Совета СССР; его длинный, желтый фасад доминирует над набережной. Он связан с Оружейной Палатой, построенной в 1844-51 и теперь - Музей  оружия, в котором размещено большое собрание сокровищ царей. По северо-восточной стене Кремля - Арсенал (1702-36), прежде здание Сената, построенный в (1776-88), и Школа Красных Командиров (1932-34).

Комментарии пользователей
Другие материалы из раздела Топики по английскому языку
Популярное